- FM continually develops and updates University design
- Standards are distributed electronically to professional
- Standards stipulate many sustainable and/or energyconserving
measures for both new construction and
- Sustainable standards are marked with an identifying
Examples of Sustainable Design Standards:
- Electronic ballasts and fixtures
- No new incandescent lighting unless required for
- Direct Digital Controls (DDC) required for all mechanical
system installations or upgrades.
- All DDC controls must be tied into the campus energy
- Energy efficient control strategies
- Occupancy sensors required for all new construction and
- Low temperature transformers
- University standard carpet installations must include a
minimum of 25% recycled content.
- Carpet adhesives contain no VOC.
- The majority of paints qualify as Low VOC paints.