Back to Top
- The University was recognized by the Allegheny County
Health Department as an Enviro-Star Award Recipient in
both 2007 and 2009.
- Pitt was the only award recipient to be recognized with the
highest level Three-Star award in 2007.
- The award recognizes the University's efforts in emissions
reduction, energy conservation, recycling, and greening of
PGMS Grounds Award
Back to Top
- In 2010, Pitt received a Merit Award from the Professional Grounds Management Society (PGMS) in the society's 2010 Green Star Awards competition
- The award was given in the University and College Grounds category for exceptional grounds maintenance.
- The Green Star Awards program brings national recognition to grounds maintained with a high degree of excellence, complementing other national landscape award programs that recognize outstanding landscape design and construction.
- Founded in 1911, PGMS is a membership society of grounds professionals dedicated to advancing the grounds management profession through education and professional development.
- Overall, PGMS presented seven Grand Awards, its highest honor, as well as 14 Honor Awards and 12 Merit Awards in 13 categories of competition.